Windows 8.1 Product Key is the efficient measure taken by Microsoft to stop software piracy. Microsoft has launched Windows 8.1 to give unique features and appearance to the users. As per the need of the applications by different users, the firm has given three versions of Windows 8.1, i.e., Basic, Pro, and, Enterprise. To activate Windows 8.1, you must know which version you are using so that you can use the exact Windows 8.1 Serial Key.
Where to Find Windows 8.1 Product Key?
Window 8.1 product key is a 25 character code that looks like XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX. When you buy a genuine copy of Windows 8.1, you can find your product key in different ways.
- If you purchase a DOS-based PC or Laptop from an authorized dealer, then the dealer should provide the windows 8.1 serial key.
- When you buy a computer with Windows 8.1 pre-installed, you will find the license key on a label on the computer.
- In case you buy Windows 8.1 on CD or DVD, you should find the activation key on a card in the box.
- If you purchase a copy of Windows 8.1 online you will receive the product key through the email you used while placing your order.
Existing Versions of Windows 8.1
Some users need conventional applications of Windows, and some need pro features. Keeping this in consideration, Microsoft launched three versions of Windows 8.1 so that all users can grab the features of Windows Operating Systems. Let’s see what the major differences between the three versions of Windows 8.1 are!
Windows 8.1 Basic
Windows 8.1 Basic Edition is for home users and beginners who do not need many applications to perform the work. This edition contains the core applications with limited features and is not suitable for the professional. To access the core applications, you need to activate the OS using Windows 8.1 Activation Key.
Windows 8.1 Pro
This edition is specially designed for professional, small, and big businesses. It enables the users to access the corporate domain and Policy Editor. Moreover, the new features arrive from time to time and can be accessed by such users connected with Windows Server12.
Windows 8.1 Enterprise
Windows 8.1 Enterprise is a premium package offered by Microsoft that contains great features. If you go in-depth, then you will find, the Enterprise has embedded the features of Windows 8.1 Pro and others. The other features are Windows To Go, App Locker, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, and many more. So, to access the complete features of Win 8.1 Enterprise, you must activate it using a working Windows 8.1 Serial Key.
Know Which type of Windows 8.1 Serial Key you are Using!
After knowing about the different versions of Windows 8.1, you must be familiar with the types of Windows 8.1 Serial Key. This is the key that will help you to keep your OS in a full version. Microsoft offers OEM and DOS-based computers as per the requirements. Knowing the right model of your computer is a must before activating the OS.
OEM-based Windows 8.1
If you are buying a PC or laptop with a pre-installed full version of Windows 8.1 OS, it means it is an OEM Activation 3.0. Which means the digital license key is already inscribed on the motherboard of the computer. When you install Windows 8.1 on your computer, then it gets activated automatically. So, in this case, you don’t have to enter the product key manually.
If you bought one computer having a license key in the form of a sticker placed at the back of the laptop, it means it is DOS-based. In this type, you will have to activate Windows 8.1 through Windows 8.1 Product Key. However, if you didn’t find any license sticker, then consult the retailer.
Why should you activate Windows 8.1?
- Often you will get a pop-up on the screen to activate your Windows 8.1. This process repeatedly happens, which makes you annoyed. Moreover, you will fail to download or upgrade the essential drivers.
- You will miss many applications and software programs that may result in work loss if you are not activation the copy with Windows 8.1 Activation key.
- You can not install BIOS flash in a trial version of 8.1 Windows OS. To access the smooth performance of BIOS, activate the OS through Windows 8.1 Key.
It is always recommended to know the system requirement before installing Windows 8.1. If you are aware of the same, you can easily access the full features of Windows 8.1. However, if you fail, some features may not work, and your system may be stuck frequently. So, to avoid the same, go through the below points to match whether your PC suit Windows 8.1 or not.
- Your computer must have a processor speed of 1 GHz, whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit.
- If you have a 32-bit processor, then RAM should be 1GB, and for 64-bit, the RAM should be 2GB.
- The minimum hard disk space for running Windows 8.1 on the 32-bit processor is 16GB, and for 64-bit, it is 20GB.
- DirectX Graphic Card must be assembled on your computer, and the minimum version should be DirectX9.
These are the essential requirements that you need to install and activate Windows 8.1. However, if you need the OS for a gaming purpose, then you must focus on such a computer having a fast processor, more RAM, and a powerful graphic card.
Activate Windows 8.1 through Windows 8.1 Serial Key
Once checking the type of computer model configured with Windows 8.1, you can easily track whether you need to activate it or not. If the computer is an OEM version, then no need to activate it. But, if it is DOS-based, then follow the steps listed below to activate Windows 8.1 through Windows 8.1 Key.
- Turn ON your computer, complete the login process and then connect it to the Internet.
- Press Windows and I keys together to open the Settings panel.
- At the right-panel of the settings section, you will get some options at the bottom of the page; click on Change PC Settings.
- The PC settings page will soon appear, and it will fetch some additional options, click on Activate Windows.
- After that, Activate Windows page will open, and it will show the box to enter the key.
- Now, grab Windows 8.1 Product Key from the bottom of the article and paste it on the box provided on the Activate Windows page.
- After completing the above task, click on the Continue button to activate Windows 8.1
- Windows will validate the key, and once it is found everything is correct, then you will get the successful activation message on your screen.
That’s it; your job is done, and now you can access the comprehensive features of Windows 8.1 effectively. However, if Windows took a long time and failed to fetch the result, then you can find the activation status through the process listed below.
Check whether Windows 8.1 was activated or not?
There are many cases where users wait for a long time to know whether Windows 8.1 gets activated or not. The prime reason behind the delay is the internet fluctuation and unresponsive behaviour of Win 8.1. So even after fetching the product key, you are waiting for the result, then step down and go through a few points to check Windows activation.
- To open the Settings panel, press the Windows and I keys together.
- Next, click on the PC Settings that is located at the bottom of the Settings panel.
- Soon, you will get the PC Settings page; click on PC and devices.
- You will get few options at the left panel of the PC and device; click on the PC Info button.
- After that, you will get the list featuring the information of your PC, and at the bottom of the page, you will get the activation status. If it shows Windows is activated, then close the PC dialogue box and enjoy Windows 8.1.
List of Free Windows 8.1 Product Keys 64 bit
Windows 8.1 Pro Product Key
Windows 8.1 DVD Keys
Windows 8.1 Ultimate Product Keys
Windows 8.1 Enterprise Keys
Windows 8.1 (Core | Multiple Editions) Keys
These were the ways to activate Windows 8.1 Operating System using a purchased or a working Windows 8.1 Product Key. You are also familiar with the drawback of not activating the Operating System. So, it is always advised to use Windows 8.1 only after activating it and then dive into the ocean of the digital world with Windows 8.1.